The educational system in New Zealand is extremely varied and is one of the best in the world. According to scores, it has the highest levels of literacy, mathematics, and sciences in the country. The public educational system is one of the best funded in the world; New Zealand offers the highest percentage of public funding in education in the world. Several indices rate New Zealand as the number one country in the world for education.
So what makes New Zealand so unique? What makes it different than all of the other developed countries that provide education to their children? It is based on several things; first, because New Zealand natives believe in giving everyone the education that they deserve. There are many private schools, but because the country is so great at giving their public schools the monies they need, many parents are just as happy using the public system.
The other reason is because the educational system focuses on both practical and academic achievement. Instead of sticking to a regimen that no one really understands and doesn’t really tell us anything, the New Zealand public education system focuses on being open-minded and letting children explore, thus allowing them to learn in the best way that they can. This gets them ready for college or the workplace upon finishing their secondary education.
The New Zealand Qualifications Framework
The New Zealand Qualifications Framework, referred to as the NZQF, was developed in July of 2010 in order to ensure that all educational endeavors in tertiary education are under the same framework. It basically works to make sure that schools are meeting these standards and are beneficial in a number of ways, including the following:
- The NZQF works to convey and determine the skills that a university student should have upon completing their education.
- The organization also sets standards for the knowledge and any other attributes that a university student has once their degree program has been completed.
- It helps to enable and support any university that works to provide a quality education, no matter what type of education that that may be. It also helps universities develop programs that fit with their own standards.
- The NZQF helps to give potential students and employees a certain level of confidence in the education that people obtain while they are in university in New Zealand.
- The NZQF works to help the native Māori people by providing them with a quality education and helping them to attain their educational goals, no matter what they may be.
As you can see, the NZQF actually plays a very large role in ensuring that the money that you pay is going toward a high quality education. The organization as developed to make sure that, no matter where you attend university in New Zealand that you are getting the best quality education that you can get in the world.